Therapy for Addiction
Addiction is a disease of the brain because it affects neurotransmission and interactions within the reward structures of the brain.
Ms. Marimon has worked in the field of the addiction for more than ten years. She knows it’s very difficult for the person that suffers from addiction to recognize it as it is.
Yazmine evaluates and treats behaviors, cognitions, emotions related with the addictive brain.
10 Criteria for Addiction
- Loss of control
- Compulsive behavior
- Failed efforts to stop
- Loss of time
- Inability to fulfill obligations
- Continuation despite consequences
Yazmine Marimon uses different approaches to treat addiction including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and EMDR.
She uses Marlatt’s Cognitive-Behavioral Model to help you create a relapse prevention plan.
Ms. Marimon helps you to:
- Identify specific high risk situations that can lead to a relapse
- Enhance coping skills to deal with triggers
- Improve yourself –efficacy eliminating the myths regarding alcohol or drug’s effects.
- Learn to employ urge management techniques.
Contact therapist Yazmine Marimon for Help
If you or your loved one is recovering from addiction or you suspect a negative addictive behavior you can contact Yazmine Marimon for further evaluation and treatment.
You can find balance in your life. Make an appointment.